Wii U titles that might surprise you
Many gamers (and exasperated parents) are aware that the Wii U is slated to launch in the 2012 holiday season.
Many gamers know some of these quick and dirty facts about the system:
- The controller has a built in touchscreen
- All older Wii controllers will be compatible with the system
- The system is HD
- The CPU is an all new microprocessor designed by IBM
- The system is toted to be up to 6 times more powerful than that of Xbox 360 or Playstation 3
What many gamers aren’t aware of are some of the great titles that are scheduled to come out for the Wii U. Some of the titles are surprises to me. Here is a list of some of the series already either confirmed or heavily rumored to be coming to the Wii U.
(Title information comes from ign.com Italics denote that this is the first time that the series has appeared on a Nintendo system. Bold means that the title is rated mature.)
- Super Mario
- Assassin’s Creed
- Mario Cart
- Madden NFL
- Rayman Raving Rabbids
- Batman: Arkham City
- Super Smash Bros. Next
- The Legend of Zelda HD title
- Ninja Gaiden III: Razor’s Edge
- Pikmin 3
- New Super Mario Bros. Mii
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Darksiders II
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online
- Dragon Quest X: The Five Awakening Races Online
- LEGO City Stories
- Marvel Pinball
- Metro: Last Light
- Killer Freaks from Outer Space
- NewU Fitness First Personal Trainer
In addition to some awesome sounding Nintendo staples’ sequels, there are 12 series that are totally new to Nintendo. Many of the titles are also slated to a hardcore crowd. At least 6 will probably be rated Mature.
Naturally there will be a small army of motion sensor themed casual games that I did not include in this list.
Nintendo is trying in a hard way to win back developers and gamers of hardcore games by providing the hardware to play such games.
So long as these title sell well, we can only guess that even more developers of famously Mature titles and hardcore titles will begin developing games for Wii U as well.
Heck, look at this screenshot of Ninja Gaiden III: Razor’s Edge.
I know that this list is pretty persuasive to me to pay more attention to Nintendo as more than just a company for casual gamers and little kids.
How do you feel about the system and these new titles? Share your rants with the world in the comments section!